VOGONS

Common searches

Lands Of Lore

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Josefnospam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

🤣 Will not run at all. I need help
The introduction is good with color, sound ect, but when it starts to load it quits. I get dumped to desktop or an error message.
I have tried everything and really need help.

Reply 3 of 13, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Under DOSBox 0.73, if it fails to run, use cputype=386_prefetch. Unfortunately, you won't be able to use the dynamic core. Apparently, the patch (V E1.23) also doesn't suffer from this. It is being investigated.

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 4 of 13, by peterferrie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is a funny bug in the LoL code. If CPUID appears to be available via the eflags test, then LoL wants to execute CPUID, but someone used some kind of #define instead of inline assembler, and got the bytes for the opcode in the reverse order. That causes a crash in the code.
I'll make a patch for it.

Reply 10 of 13, by Patrick benatar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yeah it does, but can anyone help me with l.o.l 2 and l.o.l 3? I can not get them to work from an iso install, or any patches I have tried.

(what the fuck? I typed L o L without the spaces for "lands of lore" and it turned into a smiley face? what kind of world are we living in? this is me editing the smileys out of my original post)

Reply 13 of 13, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Someone start a new thread. This one is FUBAR.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions