VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I cant get the music on my Maniac Mansion to work with XP 🙄
what shall i do? I have tried VDMS and ScummVM and it doesnt work...

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 1 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I own Maniac Mansion on 5¼ floppies and it only supports Internal Speaker. If you are referring to Day of the Tentacle it should support most sound cards and it should work under VDMSound without problems.

Reply 2 of 5, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmmm, i have the "maniac mansion" version that i got with my "day of the tentacle game". And i wonder, shall it be speaker sound in that game only? Or shall it be MIDI or somethning?

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 3 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by kukus444 And i wonder, shall it be speaker sound in that game only? Or shall it be MIDI or somethning?

It uses the PC-speaker only. One exception might be if you were emulating the Tandy PC it apparently supports that sound chip (but you would need support for it's video modes as well).

You could always try one of the other versions, most of which had superior sound systems.

Reply 4 of 5, by Late

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Maniac Mansion supports both the IBM PC beeper and the IBM PC Junior sound chip. The latest versions of ScummVM (www.scummvm.org) support both systems. I've had no problems running Maniac Mansion on a Windows 98 machine using ScummVM with PCJr sound (the PCJr had 3 sound channels + noise so it's better than the regular version). Just remember to choose the correct sound platform from the menu (in ScummVM, before you start the game) to get sound.

p.s. Older versions of ScummVM do not support Maniac Mansion at all (or very poorly) so get the daily snapshot release.