VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by chimera99

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ignore below. DosBoxCVS git it working.

All right, I searched the forum and it seems that I can't actually get to the problems that other uses have with the mouse (like upper right hand corner.)

I have an ASUS P4C800-E delux with 1 gig of ram, a 2.8 gig P4. and a Ti4600 with XP. I have the CD. The install goes just fine and it looks like my old '98 install but when I try to run the game it starts (goes to the initial blank screen) and then pops back to XP. I clugged a DOS boot disk and started the game and I got the message that it couldn't find the mouse. Yes I have tried many possible combinations of the XP compatibility mode and have gotten several other games (like Civ 2) up and running. Also, I am running the mouse off the PS2 connector not the USB2.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this problem. (I am assuming that the popping back to XP is also being caused by the missing mouse problem.)

Thx.

Last edited by chimera99 on 2003-09-08, 06:06. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 1, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by chimera99 Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this problem. (I am assuming that the popping back to XP is also being caused by the missing mouse problem.)

Known issue apparently caused by certain video cards, as discussed here:
showthread.php?threadid=756&highlight=Fantasy+General
showthread.php?threadid=2041&highlight=Fantasy+General

Anyway, glad the CVS is handling it for you.