VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kaczor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just downloaded DosBox and i runed Betrayal at Krondor ... and its working BUT it's working wery slowly (it worke like this on 286 10 years ago)... is there a way to fasten it (Krondor or Dosbox) a littlebit?

and here is my second question what is the most optimal value for "cycles=" in dosbox config file?

Last edited by Kaczor on 2003-09-08, 07:47. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

1. increase frameskip

2. increase cycles.

3. Buy faster pc 😀

The optimal way for cpu cycles... It depends on your own pc (what it can handle) And officially it depends on the game as well (type of videomode. Complexity of the used instructions.)

It's just trial and error.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 4, by Kaczor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

DosBox can't be faster??? ... i have duron600 gforce4 and 256DDR 😀 ... i found 10k works the best ... but still to slow for me ... i thought that i can work a little bit faster than that. In Krondor i have to lower graphic details now, thats funny it worked good on my old k6400 and now on XP it slower 😀 ... I think that DosBox can work faster can't he?

Last edited by Kaczor on 2003-09-08, 12:56. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Kaczor DosBox can't be faster??? ... i have duron600 gforce4 and 256DDR

That's enough to run the OS and basic applications.

...thats funny it worked good on my old k6400 and now on XP it slower 😀 ... I think that DosBox can work faster can't he?

Kaczor. It's not just running a game. It's a PC emulator. Your computer is emulating another computer that is running the game.

You have other options:
1) Run it with VDMSound:
showthread.php?threadid=370&highlight=Krondor
2) Set up a dual-boot configuration and run it from DOS or Win9x.