VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've got 21st Century's Pinball Powerpack on CD which contains Dreams, Dreams2, Fantasies, Illusions and Mania but I cannot get any of them to run!

I'm 'sure' I've had Dreams/Fantasies running but now when I try the ntvdm process just dies 🙁 I really wanted to play Illusions again but this one has a different error:

Error: The pMAX protected-mode handler driver cannot find a protected-mode interface. Please try creating a DOS bootdisk (see the "troubleshooting" section in your user manual for details), re-booting your machine with it and then re-running the game

I've run them all with and without VDMSound. DOSBox doesn't support them either. Have I any other options (specifically about the Illusions problem)?

Thanks in advance!
Specs are as my profile!

Reply 1 of 6, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Those were released for free at back2roots.org (the Amiga versions). Get UAE, and run it through that. (The DOS version is a direct (badly made) port of the Amiga version, you'll only gain from playing the Amiga version.)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 4 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If the handler is complaining about not finding protected mode support, make sure DOSX is loaded for NTVDM. Check your CONFIG.NT and AUTOEXEC.NT files (if running WinXP and maybe other NT OSes.)