VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ZealotTC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Please I found this game very cheap at a local shop but I would like to know if it runs before I buy it?

Thx in advance

Reply 3 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by ZealotTC ...but I would like to know if it runs before I buy it?

Have you considered running it natively? It ran fine for me in XP with VDMSound. Of course, if your PC is weak on CPU and is using an CPU-intensive OS like XP, that might be a problem. Also, it has issues with Laptop displays...

Reply 4 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I seem to remember getting it to run natively in XP as well. I seem to recall that it does _not_ run under DOSbox and hates most other PC emulators like VirtualPC due to some funky video modes it uses (probably ModeX or some low-end VESA modes).

On another note, I bought the game a few years ago and haven't managed to get very far in it without losing interest. Has anyone played it extensively? If so, does it get better? I've only made it a short ways after the part where you crash on the cat people planet. I think part of the problem is that it's hard to figure out where to go because everything just blends together and you get lost, unlike in most RPGs where they are at least linear enough to point you in the right general direction.

Reply 5 of 5, by ZealotTC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
HunterZ wrote:

I seem to remember getting it to run natively in XP as well. I seem to recall that it does _not_ run under DOSbox and hates most other PC emulators like VirtualPC due to some funky video modes it uses (probably ModeX or some low-end VESA modes).

On another note, I bought the game a few years ago and haven't managed to get very far in it without losing interest. Has anyone played it extensively? If so, does it get better? I've only made it a short ways after the part where you crash on the cat people planet. I think part of the problem is that it's hard to figure out where to go because everything just blends together and you get lost, unlike in most RPGs where they are at least linear enough to point you in the right general direction.

I played it with a friend back in the 90's and we both enjoyed it very much 😀