VOGONS

Common searches

Crusader

Topic actions

First post, by jmanlp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Im more than sure this has been asked before, but I cannot find anything about it using the search. So what I want to know, is it possible to use DosBox to install and run Crusader no Remorse on a A7N8X Delux MB with 1GB of ram a 9800 pro, onboard Soundstorm audio? Also I am using a NTFS partition. Thank you!

Reply 1 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

No this isn't possbile yet.

Crusader no remorse uses some weird extensions that dosbox doesn't support at this moment

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 5, by jmanlp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So i guess the best way to get that game to work would be put together a little machine to run it with 128mb of ram Fat32 partition. Do I even need to put windows on it? I mean I could boot off a floppy with my mouse, and sound drivers, right? would I also need to put video drivers on the floppy? Thanks for your time.

Reply 3 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by jmanlp So i guess the best way to get that game to work would be put together a little machine to run it with 128mb of ram Fat32

Or possibly set up a dual-boot system. Dragon Baroque has come up with a method of running Ultima VIII in Windows. Works well in Win9x, but has digital audio problems in 2000/XP (MIDI works fine).
http://members.iinet.net.au/~rsd/six.html

Do I even need to put windows on it? I mean I could boot off a floppy with my mouse, and sound drivers, right? would I also need to put video drivers on the floppy?

No on the last question, "maybe" for the rest (it would depend on the individual hardware).

Reply 5 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by jmanlp Will that ultima 8 thing work for crusader, I know they are based on similar engines, right?

Honestly don't know, but I doubt it. This is basically a very clever hack that was made specifically for U8.