VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 61 of 85, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Although this won't run DOS games natively, at least it is something of a descendent of the Librettos of old:

http://laptops.toshiba.com/laptops/libretto/W100

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog

Reply 63 of 85, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Menkau_ra wrote:

I am testing my Libretto 110CT <snip> Is it possible to turn off the MPU401? In the BIOS there are not choices, 330h only. I have a SCP-55 and when I installed it, Windows gave it 1330h address, which is not great for Dos games.

I bought both a Libretto 100CT and Roland SCP-55 to create my own little portable DOS/Win95 gaming machine. What kind of problems are you having with MIDI and port 330? Did you ever find a way to change the Yamaha in the BIOS?

Reply 64 of 85, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I actually think that there is DOSbox for the pandora too, which is actually a nice little piece of machinery 😀 And the cool thing about the Pandora is that it has a keyboard, so you can play all those keyboard controlled games through DOSbox on the Pandora 😀 it would even cooler if the Pandora had a Danish keyboard too, but you can not have it all in such a lovely machine 😀

swaaye wrote:
Cloudschatze wrote:

(I, too, have an ASUS Eee PC 900.)

Bet you didn't see that coming, eh? 🤣

we're EeeBros! 😀

Count me in that category, I have an HP of those mini pcs or what ever we want to call them, and I am actually thinking about splitting that little solid state hard drive into three partitions, where one of them is for Lubuntu, and the other partition is for FreeDOS, but I already have a (crappy) Windows XP Home edition on it, and to be perfectly honest, then XP Home sucks, if you run with ONLY 1 gig of shared ram with the Intel graphics shit in it, so it is a pickle about what to do, but my thoughts upon that, is that I should upgrade the ram part, and perhaps try to get a bigger solid state hard drive for it too. Since that could perhaps help me in some of my future adventures with that at the moment POS.

Reply 65 of 85, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I bought a Libretto 100CT on eBay, and I'm also going to buy that Pandora device. I just came across it today. It looks very interesting.

http://www.openpandora.org/

Does anybody know how fast the CPU is, relative to an i386 architecture?

Reply 66 of 85, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The processor of the of the of the Pandora device, is an ARM processor which is also known as Advanced Risc Processor. Which is not a relative of the X86, but long time they probably did derive from the same ancestor of the two processors. and the ARM processor speed is 430 megahertz. It says that clear as daylight on the site.

Reply 67 of 85, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
WolverineDK wrote:

and the ARM processor speed is 430 megahertz. It says that clear as daylight on the site.

You were wrong twice in the same sentence. Congrats.

The ARM processor is 600Mhz, not 430. And my question was its speed relative to an i386, not the ARM's listed speed.

Reply 69 of 85, by Menkau_ra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
valnar wrote:

I bought both a Libretto 100CT and Roland SCP-55 to create my own little portable DOS/Win95 gaming machine. What kind of problems are you having with MIDI and port 330? Did you ever find a way to change the Yamaha in the BIOS?

No, I didn't find yet how to change MPU401 settings in the BIOS.
But what I did was I turned off SB support in the BIOS. Installed SCP-55 and gave it 330 for MPU. After that I turned back on build-in Yamaha and Windows gave it some different settings.

Reply 71 of 85, by Menkau_ra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've just got new japanese Libretto 1100ff. Way cooler that 110CT!:) it even has a video camera on pentium1! The screen is bigger, larger keyboard, better design. Just one problem for me - only one PCMCIA slot and I have no idea where to get a doc station for it.
Can post some pictures if anyone interested.

Reply 73 of 85, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Menkau_ra wrote:

I've just got new japanese Libretto 1100ff. Way cooler that 110CT!:) it even has a video camera on pentium1! The screen is bigger, larger keyboard, better design. Just one problem for me - only one PCMCIA slot and I have no idea where to get a doc station for it.
Can post some pictures if anyone interested.

Well, is there not any kind of external (non docking station) solution to have more than one PCMCIA slot ? but well finding a docking station , would perhaps be ebay or some other online auction site for finding that ?

Reply 75 of 85, by Menkau_ra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here are some pictures of Librettoff 1100CT and Libretto 110CT:
1. There is a video camera on 1100CT which you can unplug if you want.
e14a8bd0a06a7cc328915042dd7ef0b6.jpeg
2. Just one PCMCIA slot on 1100CT.
49c4b52b99e3b02592c63a28c4a0d400.jpeg
7cda68a6b5941e065d930fee2613911c.jpeg
4. The very right port is for VGA adapter.
a96f11a6fd80baf71b60aae446870aeb.jpeg
5. Build-in USB port.
5cd21e4a2cf7877fb3b2afbabcff63d5.jpeg
6. As you can see there is lack of a docking port on 1100CT.
34e988ba46e16f339ad9a187ab40557f.jpeg
7. Build-in Modem, remote control port and smart card reader, mine came with 64MB one.
934eb99eb31e0c3aae550838c66015cb.jpeg
8. Remote control and VGA adapter.
10bc07b400c1455dc0bc404ce4cff27c.jpeg

Reply 76 of 85, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This Libretto just sold in Australia: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI … e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Amazing that it's worth so much...

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 78 of 85, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I like the 70CT myself. Although slower, it has the better resolution and screen ratio for DOS games.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog