VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 40 of 47, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
LSD wrote:

nonono, read the post again. I don't want them under 2000, I want them under DOS.

I wasn't even trying to install them under 2000 (I got rid of it a year ago) I was just using the APCOMPAT tool that comes on the CD because it offered a quick and easy fix to the problem I thought I was having.

How about the ones I linked to, then? Those are just in a ZIP file, should be easy to extract...

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 41 of 47, by LSD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Will those work with regualr DOS games? I passed them over because I thought they only worked with MAME and AdvanceMENU...

Wasurenaide...
...watashi ga iru koto o.
Itsudatte soba ni iru yo.

Gentoo. Because everything else is just shit. 😁
Registered Linux user #319839

Reply 42 of 47, by LSD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

OK, I downloaded the drivers Stiletto linked to, extracted them, modified the autoexec.bat and config.sys files to load the SB Emulation and now it own't work. Some games will detect it just fine but others will complain that the Sound Blaster isn't responding on the selected port. I've checked and double checked the emulation settings and they're correct so what else could be wrong?

And yes, I am running them under DOS... 🙄

Last edited by LSD on 2002-11-23, 23:45. Edited 1 time in total.

Wasurenaide...

Reply 43 of 47, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I can't imagine what it could be.

IIRC, they should be THE DOS drivers, same as Colin's. They're not some hack. They're official, from Creative, AFAIK. Just repackaged and preconfigured for easy loading.

Try emailing him here. He's probably run into the issue before:
desmatic@hotmail.com

Also, try reading his FAQ, linked to on the page I linked to. 😀

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 44 of 47, by LSD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, I've fixed it... sort of. I don't know if you'll remember (or even saw the post) but I while back I mentioned that the LiveWare 3 upgrade killed my DOS drivers stone cold dead and I was never able to figure out why. Well, guess what... I got it working again by using the LiveWare 2 drivers which I found on an old backup CD but I would love to know why the LW3 drivers don't work...

Wasurenaide...

Reply 46 of 47, by LSD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, Live!Ware didn't really give me all that much trouble back then. There was the issue of the presets disappearing from the launcher menu in Windows 2000 and these DOS driver issues in 98 but that was it.

Wasurenaide...