VOGONS

Common searches

WarCraft II TidesofDarkness & Expansion Set problem-game shuts down to desktop

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by mccoy901

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello-this makes the 2nd time I've posted to a blog so please be patient with me in case there's some protocol I'm not following well. I've got a question about a PCGame (War Craft II Tides of Darkness ((or TOD)) & Beyond the Dark Portal ((or BTDP)) Expansion Set). I downloaded the TOD first and played it but soon encountered inconsistent program shut down to the desktop, no warning or the game still playing. The same thing happened when I downloaded and got 3-4 campaigns into the BTDP expansion set. For both games, I'm to the point at each respective scenario I can't proceed b/c the game shuts down within 10 seconds to a black screen and then the desktop appears. Can anybody help me out??? Thanks if you can! I'm willing to pay money if someone has a solution. My f-in-law told me to reduce/change the graphics, which I did but to no solution. Please help!

mccoy901

Reply 1 of 2, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

We don't support abandonware aka downloaded games. Before offering money for people helping you here, you should _maybe_ spent the money on the game first. Considering the version you got might be broken and WarCraft2 most likely still being easily obtainable.

Otherwise, what Hardware and operating system are you using? Any kind of Emulation (DosBox, VPC, etc.)?