VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by joeycape

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I downloaded Ascendancy from underdogs, and i got a 40MB zip file so in first place i unzipped it and i got 29 lil zip files ...
So i unzipped those files and i got files called ascendxx.cob where xx is a double digit number between 00 and 29 plus files called tdujam.exe, ascend .exe, arj.exe, and two configuration .exe files.
But when i launch tdujam.exe (according to the so called "read me") it says "cant find ascend01.cob", and when i try to run ascend.exe dropbox quits !
So i got back to an untouched ascend.zip and i unzipped it w/ arj.exe but it just extracted 6 files :ascend.exe, dos4gw.exe, ascend01.cob, setsound.exe, UVCONFIG.exe and ascend01.cob .
So i configured the game, and when i launch ascend.exe:dosbox quits...
Damn.

Since im not a master of Dos maybe did i messed up something, please lemme know .

(Im on a mac with os X.2.6)

Reply 3 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My fault for not paying attention. First volume should be ASCEND.EXE (must be an auto-extractable ARJ). So your command-line must be something like this: ARJ x -v ASCEND.EXE C:\GAMES. You can replace the destination folder (C:\GAMES) with anything you like, of course, but try staying under the 8.3 naming convention, because i think ARJ doesn't support Long Filenames.