VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

2 weaks ago i have tried to using scorched earth 1.5 to work on my computer. Pentium II 266mhz. Iam using an 15 inch hansol or an other cheap brand.
I tried to start this game in dos 6.22. When i start it me schreen goes black and nothing happend. I see no game and likes me computer is hanging. No response, no sound at all.

I tried to used the fix.bat file, but it won`t resolve my problem.
Doesnt this game work with an lcd monitor?
Does anyone have sugestions?

Reply 1 of 5, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm 99% sure the monitor has nothing to do with this issue!

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 3 of 5, by kithylin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't know if it will help, but maybe try using the VGA monitor connection instead of DVI, I had to do this for another old ms-dos game called "STUNTS" it was starting with black display and hanging, similar to what you had, and i switched from DVI to VGA and it worked. That was a while back when i was using my Geforce4 in pci though.. now that i use the Rendition Verite, which only has VGA, i haven't found a game black out since then.

Just thought I'd share.

Reply 4 of 5, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

Scorched Earth defaults to 320x400, which may make modern hardware panic. You want to change this to 320x200 first. edit SCORCH.CFG

I have tried that also but didnt work here.

kithylin wrote:

I don't know if it will help, but maybe try using the VGA monitor connection instead of DVI, I had to do this for another old ms-dos game called "STUNTS" it was starting with black display and hanging, similar to what you had, and i switched from DVI to VGA and it worked. That was a while back when i was using my Geforce4 in pci though.. now that i use the Rendition Verite, which only has VGA, i haven't found a game black out since then.

Just thought I'd share.

Its connected with VGA D-SUB, There was no DVI on that old graphics cards.

Reply 5 of 5, by kithylin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

ah.. not sure then, when i started out with my dos gaming computer i had a geforce4 pci originally which had dvi, which didn't work well with some games.