VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by akira07

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanx for all the prev help.

now that i patched my winME and include the line to have ems in winMe. i have another question, or perhaps 2.

first, my game run without sound, i am using a ess1988 allegro sound card on my laptop(its build in .. not that i want) .... and i downloaded the latest driver but there seems to be no dos support, and i also cannot find any dos-like driver to initialise my sound card in autoexec.bat ... any advise ?

second problem is although i have enable ems ( i 'mem' in dos-prompt and it tells me i got 16MB of ems) ... when i try to run master of orion, there is an error message telling me 'u need at least 1024K of expanded memory' .... whats wrong ? ... and i did change the memory setting under properties for the .exe file .... any advise on this too ?

Reply 1 of 4, by El nostalgico

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

second problem is although i have enable ems ( i 'mem' in dos-prompt and it tells me i got 16MB of ems) ... when i try to run master of orion, there is an error message telling me 'u need at least 1024K of expanded memory' .... whats wrong ?

in manual of the game is this:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
System Memory: 2 MB of RAM, with 700K of EMS free.
Conventional Memory: 575K (588,800 bytes) of your base RAM must be
available.
MEMORY REQUIREMENTS
Master of Orion requires that 575K (588,800 bytes) of your conventional RAM be available.

Ok, your problem is probably convertional not expanded mem.

Please check how much RAM you have available, type MEM /C/P and press Enter.

If you have less conventional memory, try reconfigure your config.sys.
Please send what you see in the config.sys
[/code]