VOGONS

Common searches

Mortal Kombat 1

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by yellow2011

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I managed to make mk1 on floppy disks work but I have to enter a password to run it. It says "Please Enter The Word on:
Page: several
Paragraph: several
Line: several
Word: several
They each change when I press enter. If I type in a word like a name of a stage e.g. the courtyard, the screen goes to the command line prompt. When I type in mk, it goes back to this password screen. Can anyone help because I don't have the manual for it; and why did they put this in the game anyway? 😕

Reply 2 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
yellow2011 wrote:

and why did they put this in the game anyway?

Obviously, to make it more difficult to distribute illegal copies of the game. While it is easy to make and distribute an illegal copy of the game, it is (or at least it used to be) more difficult to make and distribute a copy of a thick printed manual. Many old games used this form of copy protection.

Reply 4 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You need to get the game's manual, and type in whatever word it has at Page [whatever], Paragraph [blah], Line [zuh], Word [meh].

The manual is likely available at the link that DosFreak provided.

Alternatively, there are programs known as "cracks" that will disable checks of this nature and let you access the game without having to type anything, but such programs can be difficult to find.