VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Moist Mog

User metadata

Right, Im trying to play the ol' classic (or not as some people think) Blackthorne. It wont run properly in XP with vdmslaunchpad, so Im trying to run it in pure dos.

Now, the game runs properly, but I cant get any sound. Ive tried downloading the Soundblaster dos drivers, but it keeps telling me it cant find any soundcard with the settings it's got (ive tried changing them and it still doesnt work).

The main bit: does VDMSound work in pure dos? If not, what can I do? Anybody know of any progs?

I suppose I could just reboot and try it, but... y'know, that's effort 😀

Reply 1 of 2, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nope, VDMSound is not for DOS or Win9x, that's where your sound card's manufacturer's drivers should come in handy.

I'm moving this to the DOS games group.

V.

Reply 2 of 2, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Moist Mog wrote:

It wont run properly in XP with vdmslaunchpad, so Im trying to run it in pure dos.

What do you mean? Are you swapping back to Win9x on a DualBoot? XP (like any other NT OS), doesn't have DOS.

Now, the game runs properly, but I cant get any sound. Ive tried downloading the Soundblaster dos drivers, but it keeps telling me it cant find any soundcard

Now's a good time to mention this:
announcement.php?forumid=7

It helps when we don't have to guess at things like "what kind of soundcard do you have".

The main bit: does VDMSound work in pure dos?

No. The documentation and Vlad's site clearly state that it is for NT OS's only (NT/2000/XP).

If not, what can I do?

Fill in the blanks for us (soundcard, etc...)

Anybody know of any progs?

For DOS? Not clear on this...

I suppose I could just reboot and try it, but... y'know, that's effort 😀

Every little bit of effort helps.