VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by WarMasterXX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm setting up a Windows 98 computer with Super Street Fighter II Turbo for PC on it for a local 4th of July kids' carnival. There's two issues I'm having right now:

The game works, but only in pure DOS mode. Because of that:
1. I can't get the sound in the game to work no matter what I do, and
2. I can't get my two USB gamepads to work in the game.

Any suggestions on how to fix these two setbacks?
My sound card's a Riptide Direct Sound Driver, if that will help.

Reply 1 of 2, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

USB pads are pretty much not going to work in DOS, period. I'm not sure what a "Riptide Direct Sound Driver" is, but if you can't find DOS drivers for that, you won't get anywhere with that either.

Is there some reason you don't want to use DOSBox? It would likely solve both your problems, but you would probably need a faster PC.

Alternatively, you may want to consider using MAME or Kawaks to run the original arcade version, but that would not be particularly legal, especially since Street Fighter Anniversary Collection is pretty easily obtained for the PS2 or original XBox.

Reply 2 of 2, by SpooferJahk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The only thing I can think of is to, if possible, get a computer that can handle DOSBox and run the game through there with the USB controllers configured in Xpadder or any similar Joy to Key program, or go the emulation route if you don't care too much about the legality of it all.