Sierra/Dynamix sound driver hacking

Getting old DOS games working. (DOSBox topics belong in DOSBox areas below, not here).

Re: Sierra/Dynamix sound driver hacking

Postby NewRisingSun » 2017-9-01 @ 06:41

Reposting my SQ3 MTBLAST driver. I have added the fact that it distinguishes between MT-32-recorded PCM sound effects and other PCM sound effects to the driver title, as displayed in the INSTALL program, to differentiate it better from the KQ1SCI MTBLAST.DRV driver.
Attachments
mtblast_sq3.zip
(20.77 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
NewRisingSun
Oldbie

Postby Guybrush_3pwood » 2018-3-08 @ 17:11

Hello, i have the german (and mulitilingual) version of "The even more incredible Machine". How can I install the sound patch? My game has no sierra.exe file! There is only a tim.exe
Is the somebody who can help me? I would like to use MT-32 + Sound Blaster correctly at once! Or is GM + Soundblaster better? Which do you recommend?
Guybrush_3pwood

Postby Spikey » 2018-3-08 @ 22:02

Always GM (Roland if possible) for any TIM game, or CD audio if you prefer.
Spikey

Postby Guybrush_3pwood » 2018-3-10 @ 13:16

Okay, thank you. My version doesn't seem to have the CD audio. So I would like to use Roland (MT-32) + Soundblaster. But for perfect sound I think that the patch from site 8 of this forum is necessary. Is there anyone who can help me to install it on my German (and mulitilanguage-) version of "The even more incredible Machine" which doesn't have any sierra.exe. It has only a tim.exe.

(During the install of the game in the DOSBox you have to choose your language.)
Guybrush_3pwood

Postby Kill0byte » 2018-4-18 @ 13:42

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it's a Dynamix audio-related question. Would it be possible, and if so has anyone attempted, to have the voice acting from the sega cd version of Rise of the Dragon work with the dos version? It would be awesome to have the graphics of the dos version with the excellent voice acting from the sega cd version, which is sadly lacking in the graphics department.
Kill0byte

Previous

Return to DOS