VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 30, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lazygamereviews wrote:

On further inspection of the corruption of the disk, the only file that I can't seem to access correctly at all is BASE.IMG... rrrgh, so close!

You should just copy one of the other IMG files in place of BASE.IMG as a temporary solution. It'll look wrong in-game, but at least it might get it working. ;)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 21 of 30, by lazygamereviews

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Gemini000 wrote:
lazygamereviews wrote:

On further inspection of the corruption of the disk, the only file that I can't seem to access correctly at all is BASE.IMG... rrrgh, so close!

You should just copy one of the other IMG files in place of BASE.IMG as a temporary solution. It'll look wrong in-game, but at least it might get it working. 😉

Tried that, and it gets rid of the corrupted graphics but ends up with an almost entirely blanked screen. So close! Why couldn't it have been the nag screen that got corrupted, haha.

https://www.youtube.com/lazygamereviews

Reply 23 of 30, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have recovered some badly damaged disks using VGACOPY with 99 retries (and copying to another floppy). You must be patient though.

Also, as someone suggested, try using different floppies.

Reply 24 of 30, by dosquest

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wow, sorry to 1.) derail the thread and 2.) not contribute anything usefull but the three thoughts tat went through my head was 1.) *looks at thread, reads first line* "Oh great, another pirate looking for help on an abandonware game" then 2.) Hey, why does he have the LGR logo, Imma gonna report him for using the logo because only the awesomeness of LGR can use it 3.) HOLY SHIT ITS ACTUALLY LGR OMFG. This made my morning, I was drinking my coffee and looking for threads on here. 😁

Doom isn't just a game, it's an apocalypse survival simulator.

Reply 25 of 30, by lazygamereviews

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dosquest wrote:

This made my morning, I was drinking my coffee and looking for threads on here. 😁

Heh, awesome to hear. Yup, it's me! Promise I'm not just a dirty "abandonware pirate"! Actually hoping to review this game at some point, probably next April during Edutainment Month, if I can get a working copy.

https://www.youtube.com/lazygamereviews

Reply 26 of 30, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

I have recovered some badly damaged disks using VGACOPY with 99 retries (and copying to another floppy). You must be patient though.

This, plus the occasional blowing on the disk works for me. Sometimes.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 28 of 30, by Gramcon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wow, I actually remember playing that game in the high school computer lab, specifically that executable and the title screen stand out. If I recall, the speed at which you answered the math problems determined your hit outcome, but I may be mistaken....

Reply 29 of 30, by simbin

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lazygamereviews wrote:
senrew wrote:

Damn Clint, that's some nice research in a short amount of time.

And this is how LGR episodes get made 😀

hey ur the guy on the youtubes! nice vidz! 😀

WIP: 486DX2/66, 16MB FastPage RAM, TsengLabs ET4000 VLB
Check out my Retro-Ghetto build (2016 Update) 😀
Commodore 128D, iBook G3 "Clamshell"
3DO M2, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, N64, GBC

Reply 30 of 30, by umisery

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KewPxEQ31Po

Pinned from LGR's video:

Thanks to some folks at DevAngels Limited, there's now a fix for this version of Batter Up that takes care of some of the file corruption! This is so cool, download it here and add it to the original folder linked to in the description above:
https://mega.nz/#!TIh3HIiY!6MjUDFyMmyVM ... v4O_0eWw4