VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Darius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I've been poking around multiple sources looking for a way to making the 3DFX version of TES Redguard to work on my win7 64-bit. So far I've made what I'd call progress but no way in actually getting it running. This is still a learning process for me so excuse any symptoms of ignorance if I might display.

-Installed redguard to my secondary hard drive "D:\Games\PC\TESIIA - Redguard"

-Got Ykhwong's DosBox build and placed it alongside the Redguard files in the above directory.

-Deleted glide2x.dll (as advised by a couple of posts)

-Installed nGlide

-Ran 'setsound.exe' through dosbox and set Sound Blaster 16 for both with automatic values

-Extracted ISO to be mounted directly via dosbox, apparently this avoids further sound issues/stuttering.

-Created dosbox.bat

cmd.exe /c start /affinity 1 dosbox.exe

in main directory. Apparently this build of dosbox has issues running Redguard with more than 1 cores.

-Added the following to dosbox.conf [autoexec]:

mount c "."
mount d "."\Redguard.iso -t cdrom iso

This is where the trail ends, I'm not sure what to do next. Every guide and discussion about this I have read is unclear on how to actually start the game after all that. Running rgfx.exe gives me "Critical Disk Error, Redguard couldn't run" error.

Reply 1 of 3, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Post this in the DOSBox forum. I believe this thread is for getting games going on real DOS machines 😀

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 3 of 3, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Check system.ini in the Redguard dir. "[System]/animation_drive" must be "d:\".
Run the game with a second cd inserted/mounted.
By the way, if you mount a cd-image - use imgmount command.

I have checked the last Ykhwong's build (6 may 2013) - it is broken and just quit from Redguard with the "exit to error: illegal descriptor type 0 for int 21" message.
Previous builds are fine.