VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Xenphor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm trying to play MK2 with gravis ultrasound but the music is severly overpowering the sound effects. I have the sound effect volume at max and still can't really hear them. Is there some sort of program I can run before the game to turn down the music?

I also have problems in other games like Doom where some music tracks don't seem to be properly balanced. Parts of a song that I can hear clearly using General MIDI will be muffled under GUS.

Do you have to calibrate GUS before running games or something?

Reply 1 of 2, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What version is your GUS? A regular GUS 3.7x has a mixer that may be able to help you, but a lower revision GUS, or a GUS ACE, does not.

MK2 does not have a music volume setting?

The DOOM games do not really like the GUS that much.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog

Reply 2 of 2, by Xenphor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Only menu I can get in mk2 is by pressing F10 which only lets you adjust the sound effect volume. The version of GUS is the one that is in the GUS thread on here that is already prepared. I don't really know anything about configuring it, and for some reason, if I run ultramix.exe, it can't detect my sound card? Do I have to set some environment variables?

I was able to alleviate the problem somewhat by using the regular GUS patches and not the pro patches lite version.