VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by xandman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i've been trying to play this game on two relatively old computers. here are my problems with it - hope u can help me cheers!

running on windows 98 [windows and dos] pentium 650, 192 mb ram

originally it ran fine until i had to swap discs then it screwed up, i plugged in my older computer to fix this problemm, which is

windows 95 [game will only run in pure dos] pentium 200, 48 mb ram
it ran fine up until the bit where u had to burn down the diner. u have to look for a small cluster of pixels that represent the stove, no matter how hard i try i couldn't find it. these problems may be contributing.

My mouse is very jerky and misses a huge portion of the screen, no matter how hard u try.

this could be a game thing but some objects only highlight, [with text down the bottom etc] when an object is passed over them therefore u don't have the object to examine. this happens in the diner with the grease fryer, and car and flower pot, but its alright with the cake tin which u need.

i then copied my save games to floppy and transferred them to my win98 comp, the mouse worked fine, but when i tried to load my games or start a new game in decided it didn't want to start and just gave me a blank black screen

can anyone help with any of this?