Common searches

Alone in the dark - for fast CPUs

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 26, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

By the way, AitD2 is a victim of the running and pushing errors too... We need another loader?
About GOG - maybe you will get cd-images for DOS games from GOG (imgmount with the DOSBox). But not for Windows ones. So - I prefer the classic way... Plus there are version troubles (Incubation as the example) etc...

Alone in the Dark GOG cd creation date - 8 Jul 1994. Looks like EU AitD Trilogy version. Original cd release was in 1993. Cd-image in .cue/.bin format, 16 CDA tracks. There is no pregaps in .cue (all CDA tracks have only the "index 01" entry). So - the cd-image is too suspicios for the "preservation task"...

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 22 of 26, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

there is also another difference... gog version has speech on the aird intro, my original release cd does not have it... plus the original cd flashes "Infogrames" at the bottom of the screen on the attic, the gog version flashes "Iumotion/Infogrames"
probably they added the speech on the trilogy re-release

Also, what push issues does the AITD2 have? never really played it much...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 23 of 26, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

After the gate and first 3 zombies - you must push the anchor statue to open the way to a maze. If cycles are too high - the statue isn't moving.
About AitD initial cd releases - there are at least 3 of them. US (english only, with Jack in the Dark), UK (english only, w/o Jack in the Dark) and EU (en/de/fr/es/it, with Jack in the Dark). All versions are with CDA music but not with a speech pack...
IIRC the game was re-released as AitD+AitD2 bundle (1994), and then - as AitD Trilogy (1995). The last version I know about is Telstar Double Volume Games: AitD + Shadow of the Comet (1995). Maybe the version from 1994 is already talkie...

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 24 of 26, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ yeo, that's what I have gathered too... I have the EU cd version and the EU floppy one.
I very much prefer the floppy version due to the adlib music 😁

here's the eu cd version btw
th_IMG02940-20131025-2353_zps08e0963f.jpg

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website