VOGONS

Common searches

sound problem again

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by akira07

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

after i down grade my sound driver to version .1159 from .1167 .... some of my dos game no can detect my sound card as sound blaster pro but however ..... during game play ... i do get sound effects but not the midi ... it happened to almost all my game ... ? ... can anyone identity what is my problem ?

Sound card: ESS Allegro 1988

'A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking'

Reply 2 of 7, by akira07

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

my computer dun have MPU-401 ... i tried to install it twice once with ess driver the other with microsoft but both time the system say hardware not found ....

under my sound, video and game controllers section in device manager ... i can only see ESS Allegro PCI Audio (WDM)

is this the problem ?

i didn't load the dos sound driver cos there isn't any for the version of driver i using

Reply 4 of 7, by akira07

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok ok ... i did what u said and select general midi from the list of sound driver available and IT WORKS !!! ... thanx .... now i can enjoy my game more ... thanx

the only bad thing is that my uncharted waters 2 got no setup option and therefore i cannot choose my sound devices ... so no sound ... but its ok ... at least most of my games got midi now ... thanx

by the way ... do you mind explain to me why general midi works ? ... cos by right i got sound blaster emulated right ? ... thanx a million anyway