VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by snowboard71

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok,i made it the game works but i remember that in the intro there was carnbys voice(i have an original version of the game in cd).now thereisnt voices.when i installed the game it says me that thereisnt fm hardware only sound blasterdma.how can i do to listen the voices during the game?(specs are intel p4 2,3ghz.256megaram,sblasteraudigy)please someone help me 😢

Reply 1 of 2, by rgriff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yup, I've got the same problem. Sound effects, but no intro voiceover by Carnby (with telephone call) or music during game. Funny, but on my laptop (XP also), I get the game to work ok. I burned the game files as set up on my laptop and transferred to my desktop, but still no "windows" sounds (dos sounds work with VDMSound, but I had to disable DPMI support to get enough base memory (not necessary on my laptop)). It would have to be a hardware problem, I would think. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply 2 of 2, by rgriff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Found the problem for the lack of some of sounds (Carnby's voiceover in intro and music during game)...I didn't have CD PLAYER enabled in my volume controls. You can access this by opening from toolbar and looking under options then properties. You then check off the CD PLAYER and make sure it is not muted when it appears as a control.