VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by xman62

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I have some trouble to start this game Aladdin.

Does anyone have any tips ! I have the computer in my signature ! I suspect that I have too much RAM ?

//X

Retro MS-Dos game PC Win 98SE: Motherboard: Asus P2B Rev 1.12, Propp P2 350mhz mmx, Ram 100hz 64mb, Soundcard ESS 1869 Isa, Grafik card S3 Virge/DX 2mb PCI

Tip, for retro pc stuff
http://www.philscomputerlab.com/

Reply 1 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

64 MB? No, it is very unlikely that is too much RAM.

It is largely pointless to try to offer any tips unless you tell us more about what happens when you try to start the game.

If you downloaded the game from some illegal site on the Internet, then it is quite possible you downloaded a corrupted or buggy version that will never run properly.

Reply 2 of 8, by xman62

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote:

64 MB? No, it is very unlikely that is too much RAM.

It is largely pointless to try to offer any tips unless you tell us more about what happens when you try to start the game.

If you downloaded the game from some illegal site on the Internet, then it is quite possible you downloaded a corrupted or buggy version that will never run properly.

It was a pirated copy . I may buy a genuine game on ebay.. But thanks...

//X

Retro MS-Dos game PC Win 98SE: Motherboard: Asus P2B Rev 1.12, Propp P2 350mhz mmx, Ram 100hz 64mb, Soundcard ESS 1869 Isa, Grafik card S3 Virge/DX 2mb PCI

Tip, for retro pc stuff
http://www.philscomputerlab.com/

Reply 4 of 8, by Cadderlik

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
xman62 wrote:
Hi, […]
Show full quote

Hi,

I have some trouble to start this game Aladdin.

Does anyone have any tips ! I have the computer in my signature ! I suspect that I have too much RAM ?

//X

Its known that it has a problem with more than 16 mb, i tested on 486 dx2/66 with 16 mb works but doesnt work on pentium 133 wit 48 mb ram

Reply 5 of 8, by Azarien

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Its known that it has a problem with more than 16 mb, i tested on 486 dx2/66 with 16 mb works but doesnt work on pentium 133 wit 48 mb ram

Use smartdrive or ramdisk to eat up memory and leave no more than 16 MB free.

Reply 6 of 8, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What about the /int15= parameter in himem.sys ?
Can't this one also be used to lower the amount of usable memory for XMS ?
Would be cool if that memory could be used for something useful, like games which
use int15 for extended memory instead of XMS.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//