VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by nathanieltolbert

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry to bother everyone here. I did a search of the forums looking for information pertaining to my issue as I cannot be the only person with this issue, but for some reason Might & Magic III: Isles of Terra is not working right. I tried the CD-ROM collection version I have and the GOG.com version and I have the same issue with both. I run the game with Sound Blaster and MT-32 as I am using a true Roland MT-32 or CM-64. What I have encountered is for some reason the Game upon starting resets the sound mixer on the Sound Blaster Pro to default which is different than what I have it configured for. As such it mutes the Line In port on the Sound Blaster Pro which means that the MT-32 is muted entirely. There has to be some sort of simple fix for this, but I am not finding it while I'm looking. If this is posted elsewhere in the forums I apologize and a point to that would be very much appreciated. Any help in regards to this issue would be very much appreciated as well. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathan

Reply 1 of 2, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Quite a few games reset the mixer, but because I don't use the line-in, I haven't noticed games that mute the line-in.

This might not help you right now, but it might be worth investing into an external mixer? I don't know how "good" the SB Pro mixer is to be honest.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 2 of 2, by nathanieltolbert

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Having everything mixed inside the soundcard helps on keeping the machine footprint small. I have so many machines already that every square foot of desktop is precious. The weird things is that it does it in DOSBox as well with the GOG.com version. If there is a way to hard change the default mixer settings for a Sound Blaster Pro 2.0 so that the Line in does not mute on reset that would be worthwhile I believe. Oh, and I have been watching your Youtube channel lately Philscomputerlab. Pretty entertaining stuff.