VOGONS

Common searches

The Adventures of Willy Beamish CD

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Serious Callers Only

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So, i installed this and was surprised to find that the cd version of the game doesn't support mt32 drivers, unlike the floppy version, which has much much superior music. Is there any driver hack to have both mt32 music and voices for this cd version?

Reply 2 of 6, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I can add it the next time that I rebuild the installer, but it would be up to the user to select a pre-installed Munt build of DOSBox during install and after installing to edit the RESOURCE.CFG to use the MTBLAST.DRV for sound.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 3 of 6, by Serious Callers Only

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah, i always say i have another dosbox installed and cancel the prompt (i'm in linux running the installers in wine).

I don't need no handholding... except in installing the myriad of sierra and other patches. Speaking of which i can't register on your forum.

I was curious to know if birthright really had no music in menus originally. Seems rather spartan. I ended up installing it myself without your installer and patching to the '3rd patch' (or something like that) and i was able to have the first logo have sound, but still no music in the kingdom management interface.

Reply 4 of 6, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The last member registered on the SHP board was an "SCO" which I thought might have been you, but he made only one post. If that is not you and you are having problems getting past the anti-spambot measures, PM me a user name and email address and I will setup an account. Right now there is another abusive account on the server that is dragging down all of the sites on that server.

I am not that familiar with Birthright, so I cannot say what is normal behavior for the game. I only did the installer on request and did no extensive testing, so if there are issues I'll have to be informed so I can try to correct it.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 6 of 6, by Dimitris1980

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is great! I have to test the patch. The floppy version has much better music with the Roland MT-32. Also the Sega Mega CD version 😀

- Macintosh LC475, Powerbook 540c, Macintosh Performa 6116CD, Power Macintosh G3 Minitower (x2), Imac G3, Powermac G4 MDD, Powermac G5, Imac Mid 2007
- Cyrix 120
- Amiga 500, Amiga 1200
- Atari 1040 STF
- Roland MT32, CM64, CM500, SC55, SC88, Yamaha MU50