VOGONS

Reply 21 of 22, by McKie1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

KQV brings back a lot of memories. When I originally bought it I had to mail in a ticket with the EGA disks in order to upgrade them for the VGA disks. The upgrade came with one 5.25” disk and a bunch of 3.5” disks from memory. Whereas the EGA was one 3.5” and a bunch of 5.25” disks. I could be remembering incorrectly from so long ago though

May need to find the old box and play again. I even drew a map for the game 😀

Reply 22 of 22, by comp1demon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SuperDeadite wrote:

Due to the FM Towns ability to auto-boot cds, there were a lot of weird experimental games made. Such as Indiana Jones and Last Crusade which has fancy redbook audio. The FM Towns version of Ultima Trilogy I, II, III is completely different then the DOS version. Wing Commander has Japanese voice-overs for the Kilrathi when they taunt you in game, etc. Not to mention weird games like Megamorph which was developed in Europe for Amiga CD32, but ended up being a Towns exclusive. Most Towns games used redbook audio, but others used the internal FM, and a few even supported MIDI. It's a complete mess of a system, and that's what makes it fun for me 🤣.

From my research you are a Expert on the FM towns Marty and Car Marty. I was hoping you could drop me a PM. I have a few questions for you.

Thanks in advance.