VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by chanza

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I run either of these, my mouse cursor is locked in a tiny box in the top left of the screen. Has anyone had this problem & fixed it? It's driving me nuts.

Reply 2 of 11, by chanza

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

3rd attempt at posting. (VESA screenshot attempt killed me 1st, then my sound card fell out).

Anyway, it doesnt work for me :(

I'ev tried it with vdms, without vdms, with nolfb, without, ive used all sorts of crazy resolution combinations, all to no effect whatsoever :(

Reply 3 of 11, by NStriker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ya know, MOO2 also runs in Windows. There were two copies of the exe with the game. The one named Orion95.exe will run using DirectX under Windows, so... There's no reason to use the DOS version.

Last edited by NStriker on 2002-10-07, 06:23. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 11, by chanza

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The windows version always crashes on mine around turn 26. I dont know why. the dos version never did this. I can start a game with the windows version fine, but no matter what I do, after about 26 turns it dies :(

Reply 6 of 11, by chanza

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Im on win2k, I dont have any compatability options:)

Also, I tried the windows version again anyway. Now the mouse locks on the game-creation screen.

Update:

Forgot about the ACT. Anyway, ran it with qfixapp in win95 mode... and it still crashed. This time it took the computer with it. I sure am pleased with moo2. So pleased I may well delete it in an irrational fit of rage:)

Last edited by chanza on 2002-10-01, 09:44. Edited 1 time in total.

"How appropriate. You fight like a cow."

Reply 9 of 11, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

In 2K:

regsvr32 %systemroot%\apppatch\slayerui.dll

Now create a shortcut to the executable and perform a properties on the shortcut. Be aware that the compatibility layers in 2K/XP are not as good as using the ACT tho.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 11 of 11, by NStriker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Strange. I remember on a previous install of Win2K I had the compatibility options without doing anything special, and now I don't have them. Registering that DLL did the trick, though. Very curious.

Anyway... I've played MOO2 on Win2K. It's one of my favorite games, though I think I've played it to death by now. I've always used the Windows version, and had few problems. One problem I have had before is that there does seem to get to be a point in some of my games where it'll always bomb to the desktop on the next turn. Sometimes drastically altering a few things around my empire (production, ship orders, diplomacy states) will allow the game to continue without crashing, but not always. This is, however, the only problem I've ever had with it under Win2K, so this is interesting.

Just to be sure, you do have the version 1.31 patch, yes?