VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by lstanley

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well I've been trying relentlessly to get the multiplayer shell to work on my computer with XP..

Plain Windows:

1- MOM will run by itself without sound with no extra help
2- when I run the shell though, I can set it up and everything, but will not run the savegame becasue it gives the dreaded "must free up 2700k expanded memory" error

Running shell with vdms:
1- when creating the base files, it automatically selects the game and set it up and stuff with "Kali" as a wizard.... and stuff... like an auto-running batch.. this can be avoided by moving the mouse around and the Visual Basic script gets set astray and you can pick wizards, set them up and return to the M.bat shell program
2- can extract wizards properly, no problem
3- can set up the game properly (I think, no visual errors)
4- when game is run, first person takes turn, the city is there, but no units
when turn is ended (spacebar is pressed with scroll lock on) it goes to the second player, shows the wizard in the "mirror pull down" part of the game, but the wizard has NO cities, -2 food -2 gold... (to pay for the units not placed as well)

(I tried ending the turn then pressing space (turns into an argument match with the "5th buffer wizard") and then goes back to player 1, press space, player two has -2 food -2 gold...)

running in dosbox:
1- when setting up the base, it runs the game, and files are saved...
2- when going to extract the wizards, no files are seen
3- since no wizards, no game
(tried setting up a game via vdms and then going to dosbox to run it, no gamefiles are seen as well)

Any tips??
am I going to HAVE to rig the computer to have the 2700k expanded to run it without dosbox and without VDMS?

you can PM me, IM me, E-mail me... or hell, if you know me, CALL ME.. I am in a feud with my friend on who's better at MOM and we want to compete.... but without the shell working, no competition...

oh and btw.. anyone know where to buy, or get the full version of it? might wanna play 4 player someday.. but right now. its no biggie