VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Magic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all. It's been a while since I was here, and I come to beseech thy aid once - ("Get on with it!")

I found PQ1, the VGA version, the other day (*Cough*). To cut it short, I'm at the park scene and came across a freeze of sorts where nothing happens. A walkthrough (hey, the game's tough) reminded me to get a patch to fix it, so I finally found it via google.

However, I can't install it. I unzip the contents to my dir and run the install (Like the installer says - I even tried it via floppy, if it makes any difference). It asks for which version I'm patching, I click '1' which corresponds to it (Collector's edition), and at this point it's supposed to ask for my directory, but crashes out with a 'set was unexpected at this time.'.

I've even tried editing the 'RESOURCE.PQ1' which seems to point to the install and CD dir. I'm sure it shouldn't be an issue with it not being a proper CD version (That cough = download, y''know).

Any ideas?

-Magic
www.samods.com - Mods by modders.

Reply 1 of 1, by Magic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nevermind.

Thanks to Joan o Arc's thread about common solutions at HOTU (Link), she mentioned that its a timer problem in the game. I tried the scene in DosBox (Which plays the midi music much better, I found) and it played perfectly.

Sorted.

-Magic
www.samods.com - Mods by modders.