VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Megadisk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Today I bought an older analog joystick and decided to give Wolfenstein 3D a go with it (I have mostly ever play this game with PC gamepads). The joystick works and calibrates ok (seems to have like new potentiometers) but at the main option menu if the stick is moved or tilted to any direction the menu music slows the hell down. If this a normal thing that I stumbled upon and that I just happened to notice after all of these years? or is this some issue that I should be concerned like a conflict somewhere?

Thanks in advance for chiming in!

Reply 1 of 2, by stuvize

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What joystick are you using? I have 2 joysticks that do this Microsoft sidewinder 3D pro and Interact raider pro only thing they have in common is that they are both digital older true analog joystick don't do this in Wolf3D at least any I have. Personally I feel Wolf3D is better played with a gamepad than a joystick, but if a joystick is all you have its better than the keyboard

Edit: Also I only experienced this slowdown on SoundBlaster and true compatibles some cards like OPL3-SAX where not affected by this

Reply 2 of 2, by Megadisk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The Joystick is a "PC Accessories JS1" brand that seems to be exactly the same as the Amstrad AJ-5 joystick (see pic below) playing on a 80286 10Mhz with a Sound Blaster Pro2 CT1600 joystick port. Is this a Sound Blaster thing perhaps?

IM%20amstrad%20joystick%20AJ-5%20boite.jpg