VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by markot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have been trying to find a copy protection removal utility for Mickey's 123 Big surprise party and ABC games.

So far not found anything, please could someone help if having it. Or if someone knows how to patch the .exe with debug, please let me know how to do it.

Reply 1 of 7, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

why not simply using fixed exe from some random abandonware website? just asking

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 2 of 7, by markot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Myloch wrote:

why not simply using fixed exe from some random abandonware website? just asking

I have not found any executable anywhere for the older versions of these games. The protection may not be very difficult to crack, so I will try it myself some day with Hiew and Turbo Debugger.

Reply 4 of 7, by markot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is the older EGA version with copy protection in the beginning.

Ok, I then managed to do a simple crack for this game using Borland Turbo Debugger and Hiew. At least I can now skip the copy protection when the game begins. Will have to test this a bit more that it didn't break anything else. I have never really made any cracks before, so it's nice if it really works. Replaced jumps with NOPs.

n1tq8k.jpg

Reply 5 of 7, by Tommaso72

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I would like to know how to crack my Ultima 3 disk on 5.25 inch floppy so I can back the game up. Its a childhood game I never want to loose and want to keep it auto loading just like the original. Any suggestions, thanks in advance.

Tommaso72

Reply 7 of 7, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not mentioning the fact it's offtopic, Ultima 3 is not Mickey's 123 (rolling eyes).

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"