VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Roger_Wilco_IV

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I feel like I am so close to getting it work flawlessly, I got the sound working excellently, the mouse moves all around and its not in the least bit slow! but there is a weird shadow covering the text the same shadow follows after my mouse like a black trail.
Does anyone know of this problem and have a good solution?

Thanks

Reply 2 of 6, by Roger_Wilco_IV

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got an ATI radeon 8500 DV
Running windows 2000
I don't think it would be any other specs, for simcity 2000 I got 1 gig memory and 1 ghz machine so I think I am good there.
my personal opionion is the vesa driver that comes with vdm sound isn't quite doing the job.

If microsoft would support all their old drivers I would not be having this problem! oh well...

Reply 3 of 6, by rgriff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've got SimCity 2000 working fine in WinXP with VDMSound (using the launcher). I have a GeForce4 video card and my version of the game is 1.10 . Do you have this problem with any other games using VDMSound?

Reply 4 of 6, by Roger_Wilco_IV

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nope all the other games that I play work fine, or have what appears to be an entirely different problem.

And I have found something out I tried it on another computer that has windows 2000 and it works fine except for it locks up consistently. I think its my video card now! The other computer has a ATI chipset but its built by some generic company.