VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Niezgodka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is there a screen grabbing program to save into ANS files? Would be nice, instead of graphics mode file.
Is anyone has ans file of those two graphics?
http://i.imgur.com/KL0hkNj.gif?1

http://i.imgur.com/GJe5w6U.gif?1

I looked everywhere 🙁

Reply 1 of 7, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I once coded one to make ansi art for a fake ansi dvd menu. You have to size your file 80x50 pixel and it will use this palette ansi_shades.png
, I have the adobe .pal you need to use. It would be my pleasure to translate them for you if you want. My program dont make advanced character utilisation other than the "empty", "25%", "50%", "75%" and "100%" dither one. Here is a demo of what it can do elz_rulez.png
. I think there is some raster to ansi converters out there if you search.

Reply 2 of 7, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Niezgodka wrote:

I looked everywhere 🙁

Did you? 😉

Anyway, I'm not exactly clear if you want to capture a color text mode screen, or to convert a graphics screen to ANSI format...

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 4 of 7, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You can try Grabber- doesn't capture straight to ANS but there's GR2ANSI included which should do that for you. The unregistered version *might* insert a small 'watermark' though.

Reply 5 of 7, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
VileRancour wrote:

You can try Grabber- doesn't capture straight to ANS but there's GR2ANSI included which should do that for you. The unregistered version *might* insert a small 'watermark' though.

Wow 59$ for a dos grabber ? I would rather buy doom 4 or gta 5 with that money. Maybe you can use xbincap and convert that popular XBIN format to .ans using acid draw ?

Reply 6 of 7, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ElBrunzy wrote:

Maybe you can use xbincap and convert that popular XBIN format to .ans using acid draw ?

I've actually used xbincap myself- dunno why I forgot about it. 😀 Yeah, it'll work fine.
PabloDraw 3 can also open xbin and save as .ANS, in case Niezgodka prefers to do the conversion on Windows.