Digital DOS games (GOG, Steam...) Retro PC Compatibility Sheet: We need your input!

Getting old DOS games working. (DOSBox topics belong in DOSBox areas below, not here).

Re: Digital DOS games (GOG, Steam...) Retro PC Compatibility Sheet: We need your input!

Postby gdjacobs » 2017-12-04 @ 05:04

Well, yes, Asylum was a custom music and sfx library used in both No Remorse and No Regret. Just providing another example of DOS game libraries which weren't static linked.
gdjacobs
l33t

Re: Digital DOS games (GOG, Steam...) Retro PC Compatibility Sheet: We need your input!

Postby zerker » 2017-12-04 @ 21:59

JayCeeBee64 wrote:Added Epic Pinball: The Complete Collection and Jazz Jackrabbit Collection, available at GOG as of 11/30.

And while it's out of scope for this thread, i can confirm that the Jazz 2 executables are still compatible with Windows 98, so long as you install them first on a modern machine.
zerker

Postby clueless1 » 2017-12-10 @ 04:17

Added Wizardry VII: Crusaders of the Dark Savant. GOG version is Wizardry Gold (Windows version) but I didn't realize til now that they include the DOS version as a bonus under Goodies.
The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks
clueless1
l33t

Previous

Return to DOS