VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Shadic95

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello vogon's, I am having the most unusual problem with The Adventures Of Willy Beamish. I am trying to run this game on a computer with a Pentium II MMX, 128 MB ram, Sound Blaster 16 ISA, a Voodoo 2, an Ethernet Card, and Windows 98 installed. My problem that I am facing is that I am getting error saying "Unable to initialize hds! mode=4, port=554" I have tried to run this game on dos with phil's dos pack, with, at first 16MB ram, but it said not enough memory, so then I tried to use 64MB ram, same error, version of dos used was PC DOS 6.3. So my question is, is there any way to fix this unusual error I am having?

Reply 3 of 3, by Spikey

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So the short answer is, while you play the game, copy the contents of the CD to your Willy folder (c:/dynamix/wcd or whatever you installed to ), and then edit the resource.cfg to point to the HD files you copied and not the CD in the drive (which you shouldn't need in while playing any more, BTW!). You can of course delete the 300+ MB after you beat the game to save space on your old machine.