VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Niezgodka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a CD Version of Loom VGA. I want to put it on my libretto, for Roland Sound Canvas 55.
Is there any way to combine files from CD and HDD to be recognized at same folder?

Reply 2 of 13, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sound Canvas 55? The Loom CD uses CDA tracks for its music. You could rip the tracks and use ScummVM to play it.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 3 of 13, by skitters

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My Loom CD has a single Redbook audio track, and if I play it with VLC it is mostly voices with some music.

If you want to play Loom with midi, you need the floppy version and probably also the loomup.exe patch.
https://web.archive.org/web/20140109032004/ht … pdate/loom.html
http://help.disney.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Lis … s?section=Games

Here's another VOGONS thread about the Loom CD
No sound in Loom [CD version]

Reply 6 of 13, by skitters

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is there a patch to play CD version off HDD?

Unfortunately not. You have to do everything manually.

You can rip the CD audio track to .mp3 or .ogg and put it in the Loom folder, however the original game exe won't recognize it because it's specifically looking for a CD audio track. If Loom worked in Windows 98, you could make a .cue/.bin of the entire Loom CD and mount the .cue with Daemon-Tools 3.47 as a virtual CD drive. However Daemon-Tools only works in Windows while Loom is DOS.

ScummVM should recognize a ripped audio track as long as it's named track1.mp3 (or track1.ogg if you ripped to .ogg) and is in the Loom folder with the other files.

Reply 7 of 13, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Niezgodka wrote:

In theory, one could be made using the same procedure as the fan-made Monkey Island "talkie" version (which uses a later version of the SCUMM interpreter), but it looks like no one has bothered, considering ScummVM works perfectly well.

skitters wrote:

If Loom worked in Windows 98, you could make a .cue/.bin of the entire Loom CD and mount the .cue with Daemon-Tools 3.47 as a virtual CD drive. However Daemon-Tools only works in Windows while Loom is DOS.

If I'm not mistaken, you can run it in a Windows 98 "command prompt" after mounting the .cue with Daemon Tools.

Reply 8 of 13, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
skitters wrote:
Unfortunately not. You have to do everything manually. […]
Show full quote

Unfortunately not. You have to do everything manually.

You can rip the CD audio track to .mp3 or .ogg and put it in the Loom folder, however the original game exe won't recognize it because it's specifically looking for a CD audio track. If Loom worked in Windows 98, you could make a .cue/.bin of the entire Loom CD and mount the .cue with Daemon-Tools 3.47 as a virtual CD drive. However Daemon-Tools only works in Windows while Loom is DOS.

ScummVM should recognize a ripped audio track as long as it's named track1.mp3 (or track1.ogg if you ripped to .ogg) and is in the Loom folder with the other files.

My installer will automate the process. http://sierrahelp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f= … 4&t=3925#p51291

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 9 of 13, by Niezgodka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I Installed it and works fine in Windows. O have no sound however. It says that I have to rip the music. So I did. How to name it and where to put it to be played?
Scumm is not working under Dos, right?

Reply 10 of 13, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Niezgodka wrote:

How to name it and where to put it to be played?

😒

skitters wrote: