VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by luchtfietser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I'm trying to get Age of Mythologoy running in Dbox but Im having a hard time. I'm not used to Dos so it's all new to me. I read the intro in box but still got some questions.

I installed AOM in windows 10.

In Dosbox I get as far as d:games/ AOM . but how do I start the game? what is the code to start the game?

I'ts probably obvious but unfortunately not for me.

Hope someobody can help,
thanks

Reply 4 of 8, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

you look in the manual or on the box.
If it mentions DOS then it is a DOS game.
Alternatively you can just look at http://www.mobygames.com/game/age-of-mythology/techinfo

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 8, by luchtfietser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, thanks.

In the meantime I've installed Deadlock II. My question is the same. d:\>DL and what is next? how do I know what to type next to get the game to start?

thanks in advance

Reply 7 of 8, by Iris030380

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Trying to teach someone DOS from scratch in 2016 would be quite a task. It's surprising how we now have a whole generation of degree level "computer scientists" who don't even understand the basic construct of a file system, and think everything is simply stored in little windows on their desktop.

I have two younger friends who both got a degree in computing and still call me to ask why their games don't work, or why their PC is BSOD'ing. It seems England is giving away degrees like sweets these days. And I had to sweat my bollocks off to pass an illustration degree... go figure.

I5-2500K @ 4.0Ghz + R9 290 + 8GB DDR3 1333 :: I3-540 @ 4.2 GHZ + 6870 4GB DDR3 2000 :: E6300 @ 2.7 GHZ + 1950XTX 2GB DDR2 800 :: A64 3700 + 1950PRO AGP 2GB DDR400 :: K63+ @ 550MHZ + V2 SLI 256 PC133:: P200 + MYSTIQUE / 3Dfx 128 PC66

Reply 8 of 8, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No kidding. I'm 18, but it's been a little different for me since my dad knew what he was doing. When he decided to teach me to program when I was 7 years old, he did it the right way and set up a DOS computer for me to mess around with, taught me the basics of how to use DOS, what a computer really is inside, the different functions of hardware, etc.

I wouldn't have the understanding of computers that I do today if I hadn't grown up programming in DOS.

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.