VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by 1541

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to install Monkey Island 2 from scratch (German version) picked up on ebay.
Unfortunately disk 3 and disk 5 are not readable any more (files PCV10__C.MI2 and PCV10__E.MI2)

Can anyone PM me a disk image for disk 3 and 5? Proof of ownership attached.
Thank you very much.

Attachments

• mi2.jpg
    Filename
    mi2.jpg
    File size
    219.74 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

💾 Windows 9x resources (drivers, tools, NUSB,...) 💾

Reply 2 of 8, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Have you tried a data recovery program like Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier? http://www.roadkil.net/program.php?ProgramID=29

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 3 of 8, by Silanda

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Check the disks for visible marks on the magnetic surface. Some form of detritus has been responsible for reading problems on a number of MSX and PC98 disks I have bought recently, and in all cases I've returned them to readability by gently cleaning the contaminated areas of the disk. It's a bit awkward to do through the disk window, but if there is visible dirt on the disk, and it won't read, you haven't got much to lose.

Reply 4 of 8, by 1541

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you all for your suggestions.
As there is no dirt or marks on any of the disks, I tried to recover them with the "Unstoppable Copier". Unfortunately too many not readable sectors are located at the end of the affected disks, so the recovered files were not really usable.

Nobody got a working copy of the German installation disks in their shelves, he would be willing to share? 🙁

Reply 5 of 8, by Solarstorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have the game in german on disks.
The only problem i have i would have to organize a disk drive first. 😁

My YouTube Channel

Reply 7 of 8, by awgamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
1541 wrote:
Hi everyone, […]
Show full quote

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to install Monkey Island 2 from scratch (German version) picked up on ebay.
Unfortunately disk 3 and disk 5 are not readable any more (files PCV10__C.MI2 and PCV10__E.MI2)

Can anyone PM me a disk image for disk 3 and 5? Proof of ownership attached.
Thank you very much.

They can be easily found with a search, but onto a more interesting topic, salvaging your disks, after grabbing the necessary files online, I'd do some surgery to the bad floppies, opening them up, replacing the media from a good donor disk, then back together to be copied onto, thus saving the original disk shells and labels.

Reply 8 of 8, by 1541

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Indeed, finding the English version does not seem to be the big problem, but I could not find the German ones.

...replacing the media from a good donor disk...

Thats a interesting idea!
I'll try that as formatting and replacing the image on the broken disks didn't work.