VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by SRQ

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've installed it on my pentium 2 with the AWE64, but no matter what option I pick it uses the onboard- the iPad I use to emulate SC-55/88 isn't picking anything up. It works for Doom and other games with a specific Roland or GM option, but won't work here. Am I missing an option or does X-Com only rely on internal midi?

Reply 1 of 6, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

X-Com (at least the version I use) has an option for LAPC sound. That is fully compatible with the CM-32L and possibly the MT-32, although I don't know if it uses the extra effects of the CM-32L/LAPC.

A bit of a heads up. The DOS sub-forum is specifically for getting DOS games running on modern hardware. DOS games on vintage hardware usually ends up in Marvin which is likely where the mods will move this.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 3 of 6, by SRQ

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
gdjacobs wrote:

X-Com (at least the version I use) has an option for LAPC sound. That is fully compatible with the CM-32L and possibly the MT-32, although I don't know if it uses the extra effects of the CM-32L/LAPC.

A bit of a heads up. The DOS sub-forum is specifically for getting DOS games running on modern hardware. DOS games on vintage hardware usually ends up in Marvin which is likely where the mods will move this.

I selected that option but it wasn't using external anyway, quite weird.

Reply 6 of 6, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

The official v1.4 patch for X-Com is actually what causes the MT-32/LAPC-I music to no longer work. There is an unofficial patch to get it working in v1.4, which may be what bjt refers to.