VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Are there any games that exist that have the issue I have described?

Daniel L Newhouse

Reply 1 of 10, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Asked and answered!
Re: cm-32l and lapc-1

TLDR; potentially depending on the game and the MPU-401 interface used to connect to the external module. LAPC-I and SCC-1(A) cards incorporate intelligent mode interfaces, just like the genuine MPU-401. The RAP-10 and pretty much all sound cards do not.

Games like Frederick Pohl's Gateway require a genuine Roland MPU-401 or compatible while Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis does not. What game are you having trouble with and what do you use to connect with your MT-32?

Last edited by gdjacobs on 2016-10-21, 12:28. Edited 1 time in total.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 3 of 10, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ not having an "intelligent mode" MPU will make it produce an error and not play music at all.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 7 of 10, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

nope, it needs an ISA MPU which supports intelligent mode, here is a great guide: http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.gr/2010/03/tu … land-mt-32.html

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 8 of 10, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

These are all topics which are discussed in other threads. Great Hierophant's article is an excellent place to start. In fact, please browse his blog on general principle, as it's full of great information.

TL;DR: It works with DOSBox but not pure DOS as long as your MIDI adapter isn't costed down to the point where it's incompatible (as is often the case with many $10 eBay specials). Devices from M-Audio, Roland, Yamaha, and any other reliable audio manufacturer will work great.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 9 of 10, by ynari

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There's a Pohl Gateway game? I've heard the book is decent, so a game sounds interesting. The MT32 is for background music, I presume, if it's interactive fiction?