VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by GuyIncognito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

HAHA! I found Strike Commander, I had the game years ago and lost it I'm so happy i found it again but, now of course it doesnt work I run the install for the game and it says besides some memory problems, it says ' Memory cannot be initialized ', i have downloaded the game from the site all legal and whatnot but thats what it says when I try to run the install program with all the files unzipped into a dir on c:\. Do i need to copy all the files to floppies??

Help much appreciated, by the way DEADLY site and program I thank you very much.

GIMMIE ALL YA GOT!

( Al Pachino, in HEAT )

Reply 1 of 8, by GuyIncognito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nvr mind im an idiot, but after installation screen goes blank and no game 🙁 , just black dosbox screen?? why?

GIMMIE ALL YA GOT!

( Al Pachino, in HEAT )

Reply 2 of 8, by Tangar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I installed the game from floppies on a virtual pc with MSDos 6.22 installed. Then I copied the installed folder to my dosbox folder. The only problem I have is that the game crashes when starting to fly a mission.
I also tried out Pacific strike, there I had an error on the VCPI memory.

Reply 3 of 8, by Tangar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I installed the game from floppies on a virtual pc with MSDos 6.22 installed. Then I copied the installed folder to my dosbox folder. The only problem I have is that the game crashes when starting to fly a mission.
I also tried out Pacific strike, there I had an error on the VCPI memory.

Reply 5 of 8, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hmm, strange. I don't have the DISK version of Strike Commander But I do have the CD Version and it actually works just fine. I wish I could be of more help.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 6 of 8, by CAT Shannon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If you are still reading in here, priestlyboy could you please post your system data? I´m trying to get Strike Commander running like mad, i´m even thinking about getting the CD version but I´m just not sure if it will work.

Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

Reply 7 of 8, by Aku

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hii all, priestlyboy i have got the cd version of the game. when is start installation from dosbox 0.62 it gives a error sayin '''one of the configuration files either cud not b located, or cud not b created''' and quits bak to the mounted cd-rom drive. any ideas? anyone? wud b great help 😉