VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Simon666x

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi i just love toonstruck 😊 . It's really a shame that they don't make thos 2-D caryoon adventure games anymore.

I have a problem i can't get it to install in XP.

Everytime i try to start setup or install, it just shuts down. I think i'm going to expload. I have tried to look for clues all over the internet and no one can explain( in english! 😕 ) what I have to do. Please can someone help me with this because i'm so tired of people pointing me different directions all the time

kind regards me

Reply 1 of 5, by Nomad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have experienced the same problem. I bought Toonstruck in a old game collection... and I have never been able to play it. If you find out how to install it, can you please tell me.

Imagine a world where we can play all DOS games. Wouldn't it be nice?

Reply 3 of 5, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Since you are using XP the ONLY hope is to try DOSBOX. According to http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/comp_list.php?s … D=1562&letter=T the game with work, but you will have to play on EGA, not VGA mode.

Reply 4 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

The above mentioned is probably a bit misleading: you will not be able to use 16 bit color modes (DOSBOX supports only 8 bit color modes (256 colours)).
Otherwise DOSBOX of course support standard VGA and some VESA modes.

Mirek

Reply 5 of 5, by krkdnose

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I couldn't get the game to install either. I ended up using DOSBox to install the game. But then I was able to play it just using VDMSound and NOLFB instead of playing it in DOSBox. The sound isn't perfect (a little scratchy), but it works for me.