VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Serious Callers Only

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is it just my impression, or does this game not have a quit key? I know it's a conversion from a booter machine, but are you supposed to just turn off your computer when you quit playing this? Lol.

Reply 1 of 7, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, IIRC FE2 doesn't have a way to exit the game.
(edit) just fired it up, yes it's as I recalled, the exit button just restarts the game. Time to reach for that reset button.

Last edited by stamasd on 2018-08-31, 16:36. Edited 1 time in total.

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 2 of 7, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I used to play it, but don’t remember. Did you try Ctrl+C or Ctrl+Break?

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 3 of 7, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No, it doesn't have a quit option. It is also very demanding of memory so you would usually have to boot the computer specially to run it anyway.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 4 of 7, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Errius wrote:

No, it doesn't have a quit option. It is also very demanding of memory so you would usually have to boot the computer specially to run it anyway.

580kB conventional and 768kB expanded memory.

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 5 of 7, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Serious Callers Only wrote:

...a booter machine...

Hahah. Somehow that reminds me of that highretrogamelord dude on youtube and his imperial craptonne of videos, whose descriptions go like "Clusterduck Pro II came out in 1987 for the PC Booter". One might get the impression that it was some unlicensed clone of the PC Engine or something.

It's quite possible that because of those conventional memory demands (and/or laziness) the programmers simply elected to stomp all over DOS, so that returning to it is no longer possible.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 7 of 7, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

We're both wrong. It's actually CTRL+C, at least for the CD-ROM version. Strange, I was sure there was no quit option. Can someone check if this also works with the original floppy release?

Is this too much voodoo?