VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey guys! I got donated a Packard Bell Legend 812CD which is pretty awesome but I reformatted and installed a basic version of DOS 6.22 and Windows 95 B but I've been having some issues. Specifically I don't seem to be able to get the digital SFX to work in Hexen : Shadow Of the Serpent rider. No idea why, everything else seems to be alright (except Earth 2140 which crashes on install and doesn't detect the mouse for some odd reason). This computer has been a bit of an odd one so far. 🤣

The soundcard is an Aztech Sound Galaxy Washington 16 which is one of those god awful combo cards but a very early one. Oddly enough it was detected immediately by Win95 and seemingly setup correctly with the exception of any sort of instruction in the Autoexec.bat. I've since run the config program from Packard Bell and it seems to have added the instruction SET GALAXY=A220 I5 D1 K10 P530 T6 and SET BLASTER A220 I5 D1 T4 which seems a bit nutty, not really sure what T6 or T4 could be or what K means for that matter... perhaps it has to do with the modem portion.

Anyhow any advice would be helpful. 😁

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 1 of 2, by David_OSU

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

For the BLASTER environment variable, T determines the type of Sound Blaster:

1: Sound Blaster 1.0 (the original Sound Blaster)
2: Sound Blaster 1.5
3: Sound Blaster 2.0
4: Sound Blaster Pro
5: Sound Blaster Pro with OPL 3 FM chips
6: Sound Blaster 16

The K & P values in the GALAXY variable are for Microsoft Windows Sound System support. The K number is the interrupt and the P number is the IO port. No idea what the T value is for GALAXY. Look here for help: http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/2014/04/t … nova-pro16.html