VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by nogmog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi! Has anyone come across a save game problem? My entire system freezes when I attempt to save a game a few minutes in to playing. I can save the moment I start a new level but if run around a bit etc and then try to save, my pc crashes, and nothing gets me out of this situation except a full power down. Figured it may be cpu speed related (p3 650) but then Doom and Doom 2 are fine.

Reply 3 of 8, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ask questions involving old hardware in Marvin. This forum is for DOS games on modern systems. Marvin, the Paranoid Android

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 8, by nogmog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
collector wrote:

Ask questions involving old hardware in Marvin. This forum is for DOS games on modern systems. Marvin, the Paranoid Android

Ok thanks for the tip; but with all due respect, the title says "Getting old DOS games working."

Reply 5 of 8, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
nogmog wrote:
collector wrote:

Ok thanks for the tip; but with all due respect, the title says "Getting old DOS games working."

With all due respect - the name of the website is "VOGONS - Very Old Games On New Systems". The "On New Systems" bit is critical. The "Marvin" subforums are really the only place where "On Old Systems" discussion is welcome.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 6 of 8, by nogmog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Stiletto wrote:
nogmog wrote:
collector wrote:

With all due respect - the name of the website is "VOGONS - Very Old Games On New Systems". The "On New Systems" bit is critical. The "Marvin" subforums are really the only place where "On Old Systems" discussion is welcome.

Ok...so change the name of the title?

Reply 7 of 8, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
nogmog wrote:
Stiletto wrote:

Ok...so change the name of the title?

The names have been unchanged for fifteen years, why start now?

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 8 of 8, by NewRisingSun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Because every other thread now ends with "you're in the wrong forum", and the threads which do not end that way are about hacking or about something else, but not a single one about "getting old games working" on modern (Windows 10) systems. Nobody runs old DOS games unemulated on "new" (Windows 10) hardware. The only reason to keep such a purpose-defunct forum at the very top of the board index is the thick-headedness of the forum administrators and also certain backseat moderators. 😜