VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by SuperAnt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to play my original version of Quest For GLory 1 (VGA), but cannot get it to work.

At first even the install.exe would not run but i downloaded a newer version of it and now that works. The problem that I am experiencing with the game is that it does not recognise my key strokes/ mouse clicks so i can not get past the first screen as it requires me to click. This is the same problem I was having with the original install.exe it would open but nothing I did (pressing enter especially) would work.

Please, please, help me

System Specs:
Windows XP
256 MB RAM
AMD Athlon 1.3 GHz
Nvidia Video Card
Sound Blaster Live! sound card
Gigabyte Mother Board

Reply 1 of 1, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hows it going!

Not to worry man! Im on the same quest as you trying to get the QFG Seires running for my wife and I. I use VDMSounds right now to run them, but I heard that running them under the right environments in DosBox provides an excellent quality for the game. Follow this link for some more indepth faqs on VDMSoud Installation & DOSBox Installation.

Emulation for thought : Started with Dos & Movin To Consoles

And fallow the top section about it.

Also to let you know I and other users are trying to gather patches for the series at this forum below...

Quest for Glory Patches!!! Anyone Know Where or if they exist anymore!!!

Well I hope this helps! Most Awesome to see another QFG Fan!

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---