VOGONS

First post, by brakenwagen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Been messing with doom in dosbox and noticed that there is no key to go to the next or previous gun. Even chocolate lets you cycle weapons and that is suppose to be hardcore accurate.

Reply 2 of 3, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

No.

Speaking as someone who played a lot of DOS Doom in the early nineties, I would have sworn it did have weapon switching (though it wouldn't have needed it, as most people would be using a keyboard and mouse and so for them it would have been quicker to just to press the specific number key for the required weapon). Must be the Mandela effect, like the way that everyone remembers that the girl Jaws meets in Moonraker (the small geeky girl, with blonde hair and glasses) had braces on her teeth, when in reality she didn't.

Reply 3 of 3, by DosDaddy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@brakenwagen: As long as weapon cycling isn't hard-coded and bound to a standard Doom key, I'd say that's got absolutely nothing to do with accuracy.

@Kerr Avon: Hmmm, I can't seem to recall a single example of this so called "Mandela effect" that didn't exclusively involve 2 or more nearly identical things for which conflict is not appreciable beyond insignificant detail.

Bad memory and the absurdity of assuming uninterrupted consistency for anything and everything done in former times; that's what fuels this nonsense.