Common searches

Redneck Rampage sound issues w/ W2K

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 27, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
naps wrote:

will do. thanks for all of your help in the meantime!

No prob man, any time, for a fellow gamer! 😀

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---

Reply 22 of 27, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

reply again to - Yes all that you have written down I am doing. The particular sound card that is in my work pc is a crystal wdm. driver version 6.13.10.4158. It says the driver is from '02, so I am going to find a more up to date one if it exists.

I thought about it, If your playing with the Rednecks Classics remake CDRom's made in about 97' or 98', most likely its your soundcard driver. Try that update.

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---

Reply 23 of 27, by naps

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I did update my sound card drivers, and i also tried a different sound card that said it was soundblaster compatible, and will work w/ old DOS games, but still couldn't get it to work. I am honestly going to get another small HDD from work and put 98 on it, and just create a dual boot machine for old games. Sounds to me like a lot of people don't have success w/ 2000 and old DOS games.

Reply 24 of 27, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey Naps!

Big update it turns out from what I read sound Fx in Win2k must be disabled in order to play the game. As DosFreak put it in this article "Redneck Rampage in Xp....Not Dual Boot"

He & Nicht Sehr Gut state that the soundfx must be disabled in order to run Redneck in Win2k with VDMSound. They also state it is one of the harder OS's to install and run this game on though too. 😢

The setup procedure should be something like this. fallow all steps in XP & theres one adjustment you should have to make in Win.2k

Translation:

For XP
1. Install Game
2. Install VDMSound and all of it's updates.
3. Setup Game with sound settings. Set to SB16 IRQ7 for SFX and General MIDI for Music
4. Set video to 1280X1024 (The highest res you'll be able to achieve with NOLFB)
5. Run game with VDMSound
6. Play Game.

Same Procedure as XP except disable SFX.

*Note Audio quality may need to be decrease for optimal gameplay

Check it out and see if that helps! If not let me know as I have access to a comp with Win. '98SE on it & I will check into the installation, if ya want me to.

Everyone diserves a little Rampage in there life.

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

Reply 26 of 27, by naps

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well after all is said and done...my hdd died 5 days ago. I bought a new one and put XP pro on it, and installed vdms sounds, and redneck rampage is in full swing. All the lovely sounds are emmiting from the game as expected. I put the game in win95 compatibility mode just to try and make it as stable as possible, and I haven't had a problem w/ it yet.
🤣 Happy days r here again! 🤣

Reply 27 of 27, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey Naps!

Thats a big bammer yur ol' hdd took a final dump to computer heaven... 🙁

Its great on XP huh! Here check out this site for some cool extras for the game. It's Bertams Lair.
It's got some great stuff check it out! 😁

Well the only other thing I have to say is enjoy my fellow Redneck fan and blast some Varmits for me! 😁

😵 Waxxxz018 😵